Friday, April 8, 2011

F is for Faith


The dictionary says that Faith is having complete trust or confidence. I have that. I have given over all my worries, all the things in my life that I cannot control, to God. I know that through the Holy Spirit God is with me, and that He will inspire me to do what is needed when I need to do it. I also know that He will lead me, guiding every step that I take, helping me to do what is needed to make all things come together in the right way at the right time.

At this time, the choir at Bedon Baptist Church is working to prepare a program to be presented on Good Friday evening and Easter Sunday morning. It is a walk through the week of the passion of Jesus, His death, and resurrection. It is a different kind of musical from what we have done in the past. It is touching, emotional, and somber, leading the listener through the terrible and devastating times before Jesus's death on the cross and then beyond that to His glorious resurrection from the grave. It is truly the story of how we came to have such an unbelievable opportunity for Salvation from our sins.

If you happen to be in Walterboro, South Carolina on April 22 or 24, please honor us by coming to worship with us. I have faith you will be touched by this experience.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lynn, for your work with the choir and for choosing such an awesome piece for us to sing. The more I listen to it, the more I am moved and inspired. I pray that the message will touch many hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very uplifting....thanks for dropping in on thefeatherednest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deirdra - Thank you so much for the award. I am new at blogging, and am having a hard time getting into a routine with it. But your thoughtfulness has added new motivation to my writing. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see when we're comfortable sharing our faith in our blogs. This coming week starting tommorrow is time to reflect on all the Jesus has done for us and our salvation. To participate in the services on these days is affirming for me why I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I'm so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete