Day 10: Show and Tell! Here's my latest cross stitching project. It's done on 14 stitches to an inch because it's getting too hard to do the itsy bitsy stitches that 22 stitches to an inch require! I used to do those without thinking a thing about it. Oh well... This piece is intended as a 'birth announcement' for my latest grandchild, Sullivan. His parents used a nautical theme in the nursery, so I thought this would be perfect. I was hoping to have it finished by Thanksgiving. As you can see, I didn't make that deadline.
Day 11: Weepy Wednesday - sorry I'm passing on that one...
Day 12: 10 Things I Know for Sure:
1. God is love and peace and forgiveness and joy!
2. The hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations and celebrations will come and go.
And when everything is packed up again,
I need to have a purposeful plan for my days
or the darkness of winter takes over my life.
3. It's a blessing to be able to pay all the bills
and have money left at the end of the month.
4. I am fortunate to have children who have grown up
to be adults I love to spend time with.
5. As much as my mother frustrates me now, I know I will be devastated
when she passes away and my life changes again forever.
6. The notes I write to people on the prayer list are appreciated.
7. It's time to start paying better attention to my own health.
8. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow.
No matter what our plans, everything can change in an instant.
9. Random acts of kindness can make all the difference
to both the giver and the recipient.
10. A positive attitude is a choice we make,
moment to moment, day after day.