Monday, August 1, 2011

An Evening of Southern Gospel

Today is the day after.  This is the day of reflection that follows the BIG EVENT.  And today I can't stop rejoicing!  I can't stop lifting my mind and heart to God to say thank you for filling the sanctuary with people, seated shoulder to shoulder filling every pew.  I can't stop thanking God for the rain that fell during the performance, and for covering our church with His hands and keeping the power on while the lightning flashed outside our windows and the thunder rumbled a mighty addition to the bass lines in the music.

As we sang "Light Up the Sky" God did just that with flashes of lightning making the music so much more thrilling.  God's accompaniment; God's sure and certain participation in the joy that filled the air within.

I thank God for the musical gifts He has given me, and the people he has led me to sing with.  I thank Him for providing the opportunity to share those gifts with so many people.  I thank God for letting each and every voice be heard and the overwhelming satisfaction that comes from raising a joyful noise to the Lord.

Like the Grinch, today I feel that my heart has grown three sizes and I am overwhelmed with the joy of the Holy Spirit still moving within.



You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
                                                                                                 Psalm 30:11-12


4 comments:

  1. YES YES YES! So glad you are jumping in with #ROW80!! You rock!! And yes, I will see you in our check ins and at the linkys... I will be keeping my loving eyes upon you!

    Word~love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lynn,
    You are number 648 on my blog hopping through the Eights journey. You can check out my post about it @ JennsScribbles
    Just dropped by to say good luck on the A to Z Challenge!

    Wonderfully inspiring blog. All our hearts should grow like the Grinch's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lynn!

    My name is Ro. I blog at Eat Live Move.

    I'm also blog hopping and wanted to introduce myself and wish you the best during the April Blogging Challenge. I look forward to learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far.
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete